Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hypstrz/Nikki Corvette 11/20

First show was an instore performance by the Hypstrz at Treehouse Records. Not many a better Sunday than one where you can roll out of bed, grab a coffee, walk two blocks and see great garage rock for free. I loved every minute of it. And seriously I don't know where else I've had so many of my favorite people in one room (and they were all sober).

That night I went to see Nikki Corvette play with the Divebomb Honey. Divebomb, is fun synth new wave that as always I enjoyed. Nikki Corvette is one of my buddies favorites and while she was fun, I just wasn't in the mood. Her nasaly voice turned me off a bit. I can see when I'm in a better mood, that I would dance all night to this, so maybe Friday when they open for the Hypstrz.

No comments: