Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hypstrz CD Release Show 11/25

Friday was of course the Hypstrz CD Release show. Was greeted by one of my favorite local musicians, Billy Batson, right away who thanked me for coming and we chatted a bit. Very nice guy. The openers were Nikki Corvette and her band. Now I saw them last Sunday and thought it was because I was in a bad mood but I'll have to say I like that band but I don't care for her all that much. Her vocals just don't do it for me and her little dance seems almost forced. Supposedly she's very well loved, but I wasn't all that impressed. Second up was the Conquerers (sp?). Good band that does covers but makes their own sounds. Played some classic tunes with very solid guitar playing. The Hypstrz were flat out brilliant. Rocked us from start to finish and I danced my ass of. Loved that set, every minute of it. Played a couple of encores and you could tell the guys were having a blast. So much fun and a good size crowd. I bought a Hypstrz tshirt and a copy of their original 45 which is a hot commodity. I still highly recommend the CD that can be ordered on amazon. 37 tracks for $13, can't beat that. I also managed to walk home with a dozen roses from the bass player of the Hypstrz. Really sweet guy and he deliveres flowers for a wholesaler and brought in a bunch of flowers for the ladies in the crowd. A great show and only $4 cover. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

No comments: