Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Detroit Cobras 11/18

Friday I went to see the Detroit Cobras with the Reigning Sound and Chooglin'.

Chooglin is my friends band that consists of members of the Midnight Evils. Yes they are named after a CCR song. And you can obviously see their influence on this band. What they play is very classic rock ala zz top, thin lizzy, with a splash of seger and they do it very well. Jesse the guitar player was the drummer for the Evils and its scary how good he is at two instruments when I can't even master one. I also really like Brian as a vocalists as he adds a perfect bit of soul to the rock sound.

Reigning Sound is a band I really enjoy. Though I'm going to go ahead and say their set was a bit long. I found myself getting bored with it too quickly. I loved everything they played off of "Too Much Guitar" and I think its a perfect pace for the bill they were on. The Reigning Sound is some damn good memphis garage rock.

Next up the Detroit Cobras. I enjoyed the show but the band didn't seem to into it. They even told the crowd they were a day away from home so they were trying to get through it. Rachel's voice is as awesome 2 months into a tour as it is on the record. She's a beautiful bad ass. The show was not as rockin as I hoped but after breaking up fights and keeping drunk people standing I was able to dance my socks off and thats always a plus. It was a sold out show at the triple rock which doesn't happen all that often.

No comments: