Wednesday, December 07, 2005

11/11 - Big V's

Friday night I went to Big V's for the Panty Huffers, All American Cheapshots and the Abusers. Stellar line up for a great night at Big V's. The Abusers opened and I haven't seen them since a show at the Terminal where they played with Plate O Shrimp. They were snowsuit clad, Hamm's hat wearing and in full force. The rock was strong and punk and made me realize how much it sucks that I haven't seen them in almost a year. Hope they do some more dates soon.

Next up were the Cheapshots. Pretty much everyone left the floor for this band which made me sad. They were having some sound issues, but I really like the All American Cheapshots. They're a good blend of the early 70s pre punk that I love and the greatness that is 80s Ramones style punk. Not to mention Chad is just a great great guy. He and his lady go on the greatest rock adventures and know everyone. Always have a good time with those people.

Last but not least the all might Panty Huffers. Rob of the Huffers is a crazy frontman who is all over the place and I love every minute of it. He walked the full bar, sang on University Ave in St. Paul with pants undone, writhes on the floor, visits the ladies room and stops ceiling fans with his head. Which is usually doable, but this night, there was some blood shed by one of the blades. They have pretty hardcore ceiling fans at Big V's. Pool table dancing and piggy back riding all over quick riffs and fun get you moving music, if you can keep from staring at Rob, aka peckerwood. I love the energy this band has and they're all around great entertainers. Looking forward to seeing them with Bloodcow and Black Strap in about two weeks.

No comments: