Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ramones @ Lees and Six Six @ Tri Rock

So a pretty slow music week for me. On Friday the 27th was the annual Ramones tribute show at Lee's Liquor Lounge. As always it had quite a line up:

Plate -O- Shrimp
Mammy Nuns
Panty Huffers
Umbrella Bed
The Little Ramonas
Telephone
The Fillmores
Trailer Park Queen
Henry

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but thats what I'm remembering. I missed Trailer Park Queen which I am pretty sad because I heard her Ramones parody was great. She turned Gaba Gaba Hey into Yabba Dabba Do. The Little Ramonas I really didn't like, thought the vocals were terrible. Oh well they just got together for this shindig. The Panty Huffers brought the rock as normal and got joined by Bob Murderer. There was beer poured on rock stars and everything. It was great. The Mammy Nuns are a band I don't like, despite their Bob song that gives props to Dylan, Stinson and Dunlap. They played this slowed down almost country like version of Sheena Is A Punk Rocker that just pissed me off. Others liked it but I declare that I should never not want to dance to that song. And I didn't want to dance to that song. Umbrella Bed was actually really cool as well. I'm not big into Ska but they really made those songs sound good. Hear they also did amazing things at the Clash tribute. Overall great performance by them. Then my friends in Plate O Shrimp owned the stage ripping through Ramones songs and playing I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You, which may be simple but I love that song. Wonderful whiskey filled night of rockin ramones!

Last night Six Six Crush got a headlining spot at the Triple Rock. They played with Racketball, Casket Life and Sofa Kingdom. I can't tell you how much I like Six Six Crush. They have so much energy and just rock your balls off (if you've got em, and I don't). I think they could be really big in this scene and are already really known. Their next show is friday at the Uptown Bar opening for Misery, On A Pale Horse, The Bullets and The Squabs. Should be a great night of rock.

1 comment:

johnnylockheart said...

I agree - slowing down Sheena is a crime - or at least it oughta be!