Wednesday, June 08, 2005

A new feat has been accomplished

Misery played at the Uptown Bar for the first time ever on Friday 6/3. And they brought with them a great bill of The Bullets, The Squabs and Six Six Crush. As always I gush over Six Six Crush. Great band with a punk metal sound that just plain rocks. The Uptown Bar has a fog machine so it was really weird to see the guys use it but definitely added an element.

The Squabs were on that night. A harder faster version of alt country and Rich was really hitting the vocals hard. It was obvious he knew he was in the company of greatness and was going to prove his worth.

I spent most of the bullets set hanging out with friends outside but what I did hear was tight and quick. Wish I would have paid more attention but this was definitely a social night. There were so many cool people there that I was able to catch up with.

Misery, I really like Misery and they proved why the Uptown Bar has been stupid in not booking them all these years. They are labeled as Crust but I don't feel comfortable using that term. Check out Next Time by them and definitely get to a show when possible.

No comments: