Friday, June 17, 2005

"And I Know The Only Change Is A Bullet In Your Brain"

Tuesday night was a great line up at Big V's with Falcon Crest headlining followed by the Observers, the Clorox Girls, The Fuck Yeahs and a fifth opening band, who's name escapes me at the moment.

The openers (name will be corrected later) were from Atlanta, GA and the first impression was a good one. They had a noisy guitar sound that kept you very focused on what was happening on stage. Their songs were longer than the average 2 minute punk song and a few seemed to drag but overall a good performance. Though the drum solo while very long and well lit was a bit much for my taste. One day the drummer will do his solo justice.

Next up were The Fuck Yeahs who as usual played a quick tight punk rock set. Complete with Paddy losing his shirt. They did what they do best and never cease to entertain me. The switching up of vocalist really works for this band, A great addition to any bill, yeah ANY bill.

I had heard a lot about how great the Clorox Girls are and have listened to an album of theirs but wasn't extremely knowledgable on their music. After what I had heard I was expecting to be blown away. Good music, good guitars though I have to say the album was more rockin than the show. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy their set, I did but I had gone it with a pretty high standard for these guys. That being said I would still recommend their stuff to most anyone.

I was there to see The Observers and was not disappointed. Their guitars are powerful and they had great energy. Both bass player and vocalist were all over the place and really put everything they had behind their sound. I almost didn't go to the show because a friend had bailed on me and I would be going solo but I'm so glad I didn't miss their set. I was very impressed and hope they come back soon. They have a couple of California dates then they're actually heading to Europe. I'm sure they'll do great there.

No comments: