Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Movies and Music In The Park



Monday night was Arcwelder in Loring Park for Movies and Music in the Park. Arcwelder is a great rock band who mix it up quite well. By that I mean they switch off vocals with the guitarist and drummer ala Husker Du. Also the Guitarist and Bassist take turns on each instrument. As far as vocals go I think the drummer has more of a Bob Mould sound to him and the guitarist more like D. Boon. I love their bass heavy sound and how the bass seems to lead the melody. I wish this band would play more often being that the last time I saw them was opening for Shellac this past spring. I realize that bands gain more by not playing as often and therefore getting a bigger crowd, but every couple of months would be nice. Either way, I can't get enough of them. And it was so beautiful out last night in MPLS that it was just the perfect setting. The movie playing was Johnny Guitar but I didn't stick around due to a friends birthday and cheap PBR night at the Tower.

No comments: