Thursday, August 18, 2005

Evil Block Party

Sat 8/13 -- The Midnight Evils played the Pizza Luce Block Party. Started the evening off with 241s at the Leaning Tower and headed down to Luce around 6. When I arrived it was just as Die Electric was finishing up, fun generic rock band who I would probably see again. Especially if its free like this block party. Next up was Ouija Radio. I think this band has some good potential. Its takes me a while to get into the vocalist but when she puts forth the effort it sounds really good. Though I'd have to say they should cut out the cover of Boris the Spider. Just doesn't sound as good with a high pitch voice. Next up, the Midnight Evils. Rockin as always. And even better that it was outside on a beautiful night. The crowd was huge and very into it. Never get sick of hearin those boys cover of Muddy Waters' Got My Mojo Working. Between bands there were performances by the ladies of Lili's Burlesque. The guys went nuts, and I love the classy style of it all.

Har Mar Superstar was up after the Evils, and yeah, decided not to stay for that one. Returned to the Tower for more 241s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some videos of Die Electric! that I'd recommend checking out. Kickass band and pretty funny to boot.

http://scheduletwo.com/video/index.php?vid=3