Friday, August 05, 2005

The Knitters @ First Ave

What a great show this was on Tuesday night (8/2/05). Dave's guitar playing was so great. John Doe said "Dave Alvin plays the guitar so hard that my guitar is out of tune." So true. Those two were flat out ON last night. And Exene's voice sounds beautiful singing these country songs. They have never been to mpls and I hope they come back.

One of the night funniest moment last night. They were introducing their bass player Johnny Ray and he's from MN. He said he was from "Minnetonka Beach." Anyway some drunk girls started yelling:

Drunk girls: I LOVE BIG ISLAND!
John Doe: Big Island, whats Big Island? Is that a place young girls go and get drunk and shout stuff??
Exene: Well I never..!


Some highlights for me were:

Poor Little Critter On The Road
Walkin' Cane
Rank Stranger
Poor Old Heartsick Me
Cryin' But My Tears Are Far Away
Call of the Wreckin' Ball
Skin Deep Town
Give Me Flowers
Someone Like You
Burning House of Love
and the smokin guitars on Rock Island Line

No comments: