Monday, October 31, 2005

2 Show Friday Night

Friday night started off with myself being in a little bit of hell. I went to the Quest to see Six Six Crush in the Ascot Room. After wanting to murder four different Quest employees before even making it in the room, I had to go through the main room to get to the Ascot. Yeah whatever shitty Quest for Mayhem band was on at that time was playing a Bon Jovi cover. Like I said, HELL. As soon as Six Six Crush finished I bolted for the door. Despite a stellar performance by one of my favorite locals, I needed to get the fuck out of there. Heading toward the exit sign someone at the Quest of course had to stop and ask me if I was leaving. No I though exit mean bathroom.

Then I headed over to the Urban Wildlife for Hot Rod Hearse and members of the Squabs. Always good to go to a free show with $2 PBR tallboys. Missed quite a bit of the Squab boys set but I've always enjoyed their music. Hot Rod Hearse as usual played a very strong set. The boys put all they've got into that music and their performance shows it. If you're at all into Rockabilly and you haven't checked out this band, there's something wrong.

No comments: