Monday, January 02, 2006

The show I've been waiting for

Six Six Crush, Chooglin' and the TC Howlers at Big V's 12/30/05. What a bill!

Holy mother! Seriously a night of pure unadulerated rock at Big V's. It held up to my every expectation of what a rockin evening it was going to be.

The TC Howlers, I've loved since the first time I saw them at the Terminal Bar but damn were they on tonight. Very tight sounding guitars, all over the stage and just flat out rocked. If this first band is an indicator of how the night would be, it would definitely be a memorable one.

Chooglin'. Well what can I say, Chooglin is amazing on that small stage. So much better than their performance at First Ave last Friday. SO MUCH BETTER. And they really rocked that show. They were more in synch tonight and just really made that floor shake. Can't thank the guys enough for that.

Obviously, if you check out this page, you know I like Six Six Crush. And by like I mean love and go to just about every show of theirs. These guys never let me down. Their worst night is ten times better than a lot of bands great nights. I hope someday, they get the recognition they deserve.

No comments: