Friday, January 20, 2006

Best New Bands of 2005 1/18

So I caught a few bands at the Best New Bands of 2005 show at First Ave. I got there for the end of the set by Digitata. This is a somewhat electronic band with a synth, and no guitar. So yeah, didn't score high on my list. But I would think of them as a good band to have playing in a dance club instead of half the shit out there.

Next up, Birthday Suits. They were a wall of punk rock fury. So much energy in their set. I'm not big on their vocals as they are a little high pitch for my taste and you can easily tell this band is English as a Second Language (they're Japanese). But the set is so much fun. I highly recommend this band.

Next up Chooglin'. I have posted how I love the Chooglin. And another great set from the boys tonight. Really looking forward to their show next Friday with Birthday Suits and Koalas at the Entry.

No comments: