Friday, January 20, 2006

Maps Of Norway, Lonely Assassins Club, The Deaf at The Entry - 1/6

All the bands are a little arty but I'm a fan of pretty much everyone of them. I got there a bit late and missed Lazer Forever but have heard some really good things about that band. I don't think I've seen them. I'll have to check.

First up for me was The Deaf. I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm a fan of The Deaf. Haven't seen them since their show with Six Six Crush and Rent Money Big in March. A show no one was at but I absolutely adored. Anyway, I like the combination of mail and female vocals of this band. They don't sing at the same time but I would consider both very talented. I would consider this band, kind of art rock with a bit of noise and a bit of black flag style punk. I like them.

Next up was the Lonely Assassains Club featuring a new drummer who did fairly well for only having practiced four times with them. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I really like Marty's deeper vocals. And her bass playing is stellar as well. Always a rockin sound with these guys. I hope they record something soon.

Closing the show was Maps of Norway. I dare say that I raise my like of Maps to my love of Maps of Norway. This band has yet to disappoint me and has such a great rock/punk with a bit of new wave sound. Rebecca has beautifully rockin vocals, and Matt is an amazing bass player. He inspires me to play more. The whole band is really tight and I'm looking forward to the recording they are currently working on.

No comments: