Monday, April 25, 2005

Get My Kicks In Bars, Soft Lights Loud Guitars

Ok still working on catching up my latest show lists. Where I last left off I had gone to Paul Westerberg in Milwaukee and Chicago. These were Thursday and Friday night show.

Que Saturday, have an interesting long drive home from Chicago with a visit to Denny's that was so funny, but was something you had to be at to truely appreciate. So I'm home for all of 25 minutes before I get picked up to go to yes, another show. This nights show is The Squabs, Bible of the Devil, The Last Vegas and Six Six Crush at Big V's in St. Paul.



Six Six Crush, whom I always adore seeing live really brought the rock that night. It was an extremely tight set and the guitar sound was moving. Sadly though my friend and I were the only ones close to rockin out. I guess it was still early, they were the opening band. Next up was the Last Vegas. They were a pretty good band, from Chicago. To me they have an obvious Stones influence. They put on a high energy show though and I would recommend checking them out. Next was another Chicago band called Bible Of The Devil. I was extremely impressed by this band. They have a punk/metal sound to their guitars with some great vocals. I rocked hard to these guys. Next up were the Squabs. As far as I'm concerned, they don't play enough. The sound is great and Rich's vocals fit so well.

Bible of the Devil was staying at Rich's place so that was the post show party. On the way a friend and I decided to make a white castle run. We try one by the bar and it was packed. We moved on to one by our place and the party. Packed as well. Plus we go into order and both of our debit cards are declined, and we both have more than enough money to cover the $6.74 bill. How sad is it getting declined at a White Castle? Both of us? We then hit 3 different atms only to find that our bank is having some problems and we can't get money. This is at bar close time. Think of how many people are trying to pay their tabs in Mpls and are getting turned down. Stupid TCF. So we proceed to count the few dollars we have in change, go back to White Castle and pay for $5.23 in two one dollar bills and the rest quarters and dimes. We were all about high class that night. Plus my friends drunk and yelling out of the car at people that decided to take 10 minutes to contemplate sauces in the drive thru. Move the fuck on.

Ok proceed to party. Complete with Black Label beer and something that supposedly had Absinthe in it. Friends already trashed falling over stuff, someone broke the toilet and started hanging from the exposed pipes in the living room. That same person, from a band I will leave unnamed, was drunk, on the floor and subliminal messaging got him to unbuckle his pants and expose his manliness to everyone. It was hilarious, and supposedly someone got pictures. This is definitely backmail evidence for the future. I'll I could think of was the lines from the Beastie Boys song If Its That Kind Of Party I'm Gonna Stick My Dick In The Mashed Potatoes. Drunken stumble home at 5am after being up til 7am the night before. I was ready to crash.

No comments: