Monday, April 25, 2005

Can't Stop Now

So I took Sunday off for a bit. Went to the Alamo house to check out Groovie Ghoulies and Toys That Kill but couldn't even make it all the way through the Ghoulies set cause I was pretty exhausted. So I slept a little bit Sunday night. But Monday, monday was a ROCK night. I'm talking NoMeansNo at the Triple Rock with Brucial and Falcon Crest.



Let me start with saying I only saw abou 2 songs by Brucial and they were definitely on. They sounded great and I will be checking them out again as soon as I can. Falcon Crest is a band I've seen quite a few times and they were rockin as usual, but nothing compared to the presence that was NoMeansNo on Monday night. I could not stop grinning the whole time while more than rocking out with some really cool people. NoMeansNo maybe getting up there but they can out play so many bands half their age. This honestly was one of the best shows I've been to, ever. Definitely in the top 10, and even though I'm young, I go to a lot of shows. How hard is it to see another show after this one? I don't know, but I'll find out. The band stayed at a friends house less than a block away. It was a monday night so there wasn't a party but how fucking lucky were they? NoMeansNo rocks your pants off and now they're staying in your house? Damn.

No comments: