Thursday, March 10, 2005

In them glass stacked boots

Yeah last night I fell victim yet again to Das Boot. Went to go see a friend of a friends band play at Gasthofs. Turned out to be a weird cover band that did a slow emo dramatic version of I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty. It was quite the acid trip if you ask me. There were about 5 people there other then my friend Kirsten and I so to say it was dead is an extreme understatement. Well my friend and I shared 3 of these boots by ourselves. The first two we brought on ourselves but the third was bought by crazy guy who had came from a Saliva show at Star Central (god help us all). Nice guy, shitty music, but hey he bought us $20 in beer. They had taken a limo to Star Central, so they were high rollers!

Here is the boot


All hail the boot. Visiting Gasthof's is just making me yearn for a bar crawl. I need to get organizing if I don't want to wait to the family bar crawl in May. But yeah crazy Saliva fan decided he would start talking to me about music. I was wearing my Paul Westerberg sharp dressed man shirt (see below) and more then ready for this conversation.



He asked who my favorite band is and when I told him the Replacements he of course had no idea what I was talking about. But he said that didn't matter he just loved that I talked about them with such passion. So if he didn't get the Mats he sure wasn't going to get Plate O Shrimp, Six Six Crush, or the Stunning. This and a guy with a Red Stripe trucker hat were what we had to look at that night. It was an interesting evening. But because I neglected dinner that beer hit me harder then it should have and there was a whirlpool spinning around in my head. Yeah this blog really has turned into "How Many Times Can I Quote Replacements Lyrics Today." DEAL WITH IT.

2 comments:

johnnylockheart said...

That's an impressive boot!

There are SO many people out there who have bad taste in music, it can be pretty discouraging. But on the other hand, as a fan it is incredibly cool to get to see great bands in small, intimate venues, instead of watching from a mile away in the huge arenas where they deserve to be playing...

Careless Customer said...

I definitely agree with the smaller venues comment. I am not necessarily for Paul becoming more famous. I love meeting the diehard fans. Wouldn't want some wanna be one single loving fans getting in the way. If he wants it he should have it. But if he's happy so am I.