Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I"Dance Alone In Nightclubs Every Other Day Of The Week"

Yeah thats right Achin To Be was playing while I typed that. Anyway the title works because all I do is go see bands. Not necessarily always alone but it happens often. Since the last post I've been to three different shows.

On St Patrick's day was Plate O Shrimp and All American Cheap Shots at Big V's. There were others but I didn't get there til later so these were the only bands I saw. Wonderful time because Plate O Shrimp is so great to see live. Afterwards it was the viewing of the ever entertaining "End Of The Century" Ramones documentary. That took us til about 4 am and unfortunately I had to be to work at 8 for a meeting instead of the normal 11:30 start time. Yeah it was a slow day for me.

Saturday I took the drive to Moorhead to see the Midnight Evils and Six Six Crush play in Ralph's bar. A very interesting place that Ralph's is. Would be better if I remembered it more. Take $3 pitchers of high life, mix in some green leafy material and loud rock and it tends to make for an intoxicated state. And being in a nothing town didn't help as someone did try to take advantage of my intoxicated state, but thanks to good friends, I didn't embarass myself too much.

That brings us to last night. A friends birthday and we bar hopped our way to the 7th St Entry for the Hot Rod Hearse show. What a great time. My friend was drunk enough by the end of the show to get up on stage and sing herself the rockinest version of happy birthday I've heard. Follow this up with a trip to the Leaning Tower of Pizza and her falling off the bar stools drunk, I think she had a good time. She's a rockstar! I hope my birthday is half the event that hers was. And being that it should be a lot of the same people I'm sure it will be.

Tonight is Motorhead with Corrosion of Conformity and ZEKE in the First Ave mainroom. What a show this will be. I love Zeke and they're just nuts live. Rumor has it that they've stopped doing speed so their songs may last more then 10 seconds each, but it should still be a moving experience. And Lemmy will never die. At his age he's still rockin out more then most stars in their 20s. To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement.

1 comment:

johnnylockheart said...

I got to see End Of The Century at my favorite cool old theater in Dallas (The Inwood) a while back. It's a really good show, though of course very sad in the way events turned in recent times...