Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Quick Rock Trip

Friday 9/2 I headed to Madison with three other people to check out Cheap Trick and Alice Cooper. Cheap Trick is a band I have extreme love for, but I have seen them put on a better show. Still I'll never ever get sick of hearing Robin Zander sing, he's definitely one of my top five vocalists. We got Big Eyes, Southern Girls, Voices, Dream Police, and of course I Want You To Want Me and Surrender, just to name a few. They played "that 70s song" and that was one I could have done without as well as The Flame. Lucky for the people around me they didn't play "Tonight Its You" because I can't hear that song without a stroke enducing sing a long.

Alice Cooper proved that he can still rock. The set was great and the theatrics were still hot. I got to witness the guillotine execution which lead to a Frankenstein resurrection. It was so cool. His daughter was a part of the show as well in which she danced around with his head after it was cut off. I was so glad we made the drive down to Madison. I hadn't been to an arena show in a long time and this was certainly one of the few reasons to go. We drove back right after the show, but what a great night.

No comments: