Monday, September 12, 2005

Going Outta Business show

One of my favorite local bands the Midnight Evils played their last show at the 7th St Entry on Saturday. Out for the show was a great bill of TC Howlers, The Akwards, Six Six Crush and Gee as in Jesus.

Unfortunately I missed the Howlers set but thats always a great band to check out. The Akwards have a great surf rock set that can get anyone moving. Six Six Crush was their usual amazing rocking self proving why they deserved a spot on this bill. I never get sick of seeing this band and they were definitely in form. Gee as In Jesus is such a fun band to see and sing a long with. The last time I saw these guys was at the Evils record release show. Can't thank enough for getting these guys to play.

The Evils were more than on. They rocked that packed Entry room with so much power, I didn't stop moving. It was hot crowded but I that didn't hold back my dancing. I was sad to think that it was my last time hearing them play Twin City Lights and Got My Mojo Workin among others. And the finale with Curan smashing his bass on his amp head and the fight that insued over the peices of the bass was just beyond me. And to add a bong being broken over the drum set. It was a perfect rock n roll ending.

No comments: