Wednesday, May 04, 2005

How do you get old people off the phone?

I'm right now listening to an old woman tell me about her favorite book series. After repeatedly telling her I can't help her find out of print books. She actually used the term wah hooey. I guess thats old for fuckin' a! Ha thats not nice. But this call is going on 16 minutes. And I can't be mean and say hey listen I have other things to do. But I need to get off the damn phone. This gives you an idea of the people I have to deal with on a daily basis. I can't tell you how many times I've said thats interesting and tried concluding the conversation but this woman will have none of that. I now know more about this historical romance writer than I have ever cared to.

Oh great going on 20 minutes and now I'm hearing what her mother taught her when she was younger. She beat the nice into this old woman. Oh wow, people why do you think I want to hear all this. Ok 23 minutes and 49 seconds. This was a work call and I can't tell you how boring it was and I'm more than obvious. I don't mean to make derogatory comments about older people but she really needed someone to entertain her.

No comments: