Friday, May 13, 2005

The Hearse at Lee's

So its been a slow week because I feel like shit and I have very little money after my Orlando jaunt. In fact I'll probably be selling some CDs in the morning to keep my night life going and my gas tank full. Last night was Hot Rod Hearse at Lee's Liquor Lounge. They opened for The Knotwell's. Hot Rod Hearse is a pretty straight forward Rockabilly/Psychobilly band. Fun sounds, great bass player and just an overall good show. The Knotwells seem more torn. They got a bit of Hillbilly, Psychobilly and then there's a Nick Cave sounding aspect to them. Pretty good band, though as a friend pointed out to me doing what the Amish Armada do, only not as well. I was expecting a better crowd because the show was free and it was a Thursday night. Sadly most of the people there were either in one of the bands or dating someone in the bands. There were still some people that got down and danced to The Knotwells. Very crazily I might add and one of them fell over right in front of me. But hey at least they're into it and they're moving.

Tonight I'll be off to the turf club for the Virgin Whores, The Squabs, Off With Their Heads and Fighter Heyabusa. And since I really really like The Squabs, this should be a great time. Despite the cold and lack of funds.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hey, I just got around to checking out your blog. Last week you posted a comment on mine (scotthudson.blogspot.com) and thought I'd return the favor. Since I get up to Mpls quite often for shows, it's great to hear your reviews of local bands...and I'm jealous of the multiple Westy shows you attended.