Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Tornavalanche

So Saturday night I went to Big V's to see this band I heard was so great called Tornavalanche. Signal To Trust and Plastic Constellations were opening. Now Signal to Trust, are a very decent band. The Plastic Constellations are what caused the art school contingent that was the audience at Big V's. For one Big V's is never crowded and if it is I expect it to be full of black, maybe some leather jackets, tattoos and peircings. Well no, that night it was full of afghan wearing chicks with bad dye jobs and rainbow covered scarfs. And I also felt as though I was not a member of the club because I didn't not bring a messenger bag to a rock show. Silly me. And you can tell they had never been to Big V's before because so many of them missed the step to the area at the right of the stage and tripped and fell into a bunch of mic stands, to my entertainment. Seriously, you would think they learned but I say about 5 or 6 people do that. Tornavalanche, despite being on a Milwaukee Hard Core festival list a few weeks prior were not hardcore at all. And it was obvious that they cared more about their vocals than their guitar. When they played their cords and did their shit they had a rockin sound, but that would stop when the guy started singing, and I didn't care for it at all. If they kept the rock through the whole song, I might have been more into it.

No comments: