Wednesday, July 27, 2005

July 19-23

As time goes I'm less and less creative with posts. Pretty much just state the band and maybe whether or not I think you should go see them. Here's another week long update.

7/19 -- The last Coffin Cheaters show at the Uptown Bar. Not necessarily a great band but fun, fast songs and I'm really glad I made their last show. Not a huge crowd but the people there were very into it.

7/20 -- Back at the Uptown Bar for Six Six Crush. Missed openers Black Strap and heard they were great. Stateline Motel in my opinion has some real potential. I think their guitar player/back up vox has a good rock voice. Wouldn't mind hearing him front a side project. And of course Six Six Crush. Well I've said it all before, they rock, go see them, NOW.

7/21 -- Since I missed Black Strap the night before I headed to Big V's. I was able to see them with Bloodcow who were fucking awesome. My friend described them as Pantera with a sense of humor, but damn so much fun. Very energetic great quick vocals with a more metal guitar. And a great drummer keeps them together well. Black Strap's set was almost chaos on stage but in a good way. Their songs last maybe a minute long but are fast and loud with some very mixed up vocals. Rich's guitar playing really stands out in this band and its great to see this kind of action on stage. A MUST SEE.

7/22 -- Friday night I ventured to the Nomad and checked out Steve Poltz. A nice acoustic set which was a break from what I've been seeing lately. Cool laid back PBR guzzling time. Guy does a good cover of "Skyway" as well. Supposedly he was pan handling out front before the show. Cool down to earth guy.

7/23 -- Went to the Panty Huffers show at the Uptown Bar. Missed the Squabs which sucks but I hope to check them out again soon. Jehovah's Shitlist is ok but not what I was there to see. I was outside when the Panty Huffers started and walked in to a thong clad Rob running out the door. He was in his normal rock star form that night. All over the uptown bar he was outside singing, climbing on tables slithering across the floor and just exuding energy. So much fun to see Rob perform. The Panty Huffers are definitely a local favorite of mine.

No comments: