Friday, July 15, 2005

Framin', Spittin', Gamblin'

Last night was the Riverboat Gamblers at the Triple Rock with The Spits and The A-Frames. I missed most of the A Frames set but have always liked what I've heard from those guys. The Spits had me movin and I was into their sound. Vocals a little Joey Ramonesque but the music wasn't as much of a knock off. Ski masks, robot suited keyboard players and loud guitars really got me into their show. I'll be looking forward to seeing these guys again. The headliners, of course the Riverboat Gamblers were a mass of energy as normal. Mike was all over the Triple Rock jumping at the crowd running toward the bar, standing on railings. Even climbing walls which lead to a gash in his arm due to a run in with an Exit sign. The two fine ladies I was with are an EMT and an ER nurse. They stitched him up and brought him to the ER. Such a fun show and the crowd was definitely into despite that heat and humidity that has been Mpls for the past week or so. Seven days in a row of 90+ degrees. Its pretty much just gross. Overall great show, great Thursday night. Well worth the $10 to get in.

No comments: