Friday, November 17, 2006

Last weekend

Friday night was Faggot at Station 4. Really don't care for that place but great people, and rockin' tunes so I decided to go. They were playing in conjunction with a peircing type convention that had people hanging from crosses that were hooked into their bodys. It was pretty intense, they looked in a bit of pain, but hey if that's their thing.

Saturday night was a drive to Madison to see Bible of the Devil at the High Noon Saloon. Now here's a place I dig, especially the $3 drink prices! And to top it off I got a room at the Hilton Monona Terrace for $66. So I got to stroll up to the lobby check in with my holey chuck taylors and a new york dolls tshirt, surrounded by people in suits and ties. I loved every minute of it. The place was very posh with an extremely comfortable bed and a most beautiful view of the capital. Dinner at Casa Lara included a 64 oz pitcher of margaritas and then on to the show just in time for Bible to start. They were definitely on that night, blistering straight through a set of aggressive rock. I even bought a tshirt. Lots of whiskey and wine later and that bed at the hilton was the right place for me.

The next day on the way home we stopped by the Land of Evermore and extremely cool sculpture garden located just outside Baraboo, WI. Anyone that makes that trip should check it out. Here's the web site: http://www.drevermor.com/ The coolest scrap metal sculptures I've ever seen. We'll definitely be going back.

No comments: